Saturday, November 8, 2008

What a week....

This has been quite the week for me! I know that all of you that work full time will want to tell me to cowboy up, but this my blog and I can post what I want :)



A few weeks ago I got hired at The University of Utah in there temp department. I decided to go this route because I can't get seem to get another job that I want and I honestly don't know what I want to be when I grow-up. Well they needed to do a background check and I had to take a drug test (which was easier said then done, but eventually I did it). So all of this was taking a few weeks to process and then once this came back I had to wait to find an assignment that I liked.

So Thursday I applied for this temp job at the Utah Diabetes Center in Research Park and they called me Monday and told me I was chosen (I honestly think I was the only one that applied, but that doesn't matter). She wanted to know when I could start and I told them Wednesday because I wanted just a few more days of freedom. So I spent Monday and Tuesday with Jessica and Graham. We went to Wal-mart, which she will only go to with me and a delicious lunch at Cafe Fresh!

When Wednesday came it was a blizzard!!! So my sweet, wonderful, fabulous brother in law Marty decided he would drive me up to Salt lake for my first day, he saved my life! The roads were so bad and it was snowing so hard I was terrified! Thanks Marty!!!!

My first day was overwhelming, like most 1st days are. I left feeling like I was never going to remember that. But it is slowly coming. I work in Medical Records at the Clinic on the pediatric side and basically get all the charts ready for the doctors. Its more confusing then it sounds, but it will be fine!


After work on Wednesday I went to dinner at a friends and then hung out with another friend so I didn't get home until late and then the next day I decided to take the bus up and that was ok but very long. Then that night I went to the friends and family night at the new theater in Orem that my brother Scott designed. It is amazing and I am so proud of him!!!


Needless to say, going to bed at 11 and waking up at 5 is NOT enough sleep for me. I think it is slowly killing me! A 3 hour commute is a little much for me so I will be moving to Salt Lake again on Saturday and I am soooooo excited! It will save me so much time and I am pretty sure that working full time won't be as bad when it isn't as long.

Ok, I am done rambling and complaining and will try to post something more exciting soon!

3 comments:

jill said...

What a great job opprotunity Suzy! You will be so great at a job like that! Congratulations!

Rupeshow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly Ngarupe said...

yeah give me more info! i want to hear all about it. i was actually thinking about becoming a substitute teacher so i'm totally open to temping.