Friday, June 6, 2008

Small Cut....Big Pain

Anyone that knows me well also knows that pretty random things happen to me this is one of those.....When Shellie and I went to Phoenix last weekend we had an early flight. So I had to wake up at 4:00am. Around 4:15 I noticed my finger was bleeding and starting to sting. So I went and got some toilet paper and wrapped it around it while I searched for band-aids. Well, no band-aids were to be found and my finger would not stop bleeding. Because of where the cut is on my finger I had to use my thumb to hold the toilet paper. At this point I realized that there was no way I would be able put my make-up on with just 3 fingers. I do pretty good with the usual 5 but 3 is definitely pushing it. So I figured its 4:00am nobody cares anyway...right? So I awkwardly yet very skillfully finished packing and zipping up my suitcase, with only 3 fingers may I remind you. Then I remembered that I needed to pick up some prescriptions at Walgreen’s, thank you 24 hour service, that I had forgotten from the day before and the first thing I thought was “Hey, they have band-aids at Walgreen’s, I better go to Walgreen’s.” So I walked to my car and started it and began driving the 4 blocks. It is a good thing I have mastered driving with no hands because my finger was still really bleeding at this point and now required my middle finger to apply pressure. I was down to only 2 fingers now. So I finally made it Walgreen’s and found the band-aids and about as dramatically as I could ripped open the box and put one on! I was able to make it home just as Shellie pulled up to go to the airport… I thought it was quite an adventure for 4:00 in the morning!!!

P.S. I was going to post a picture of this tiny cut but now it is so tiny you can't really see it....

5 comments:

Jene and Megan said...

Ok, you make me laugh so hard! You are so funny. I loved the whole "I do pretty good with the usual 5 but 3 is definitely pushing it." part about putting your make up on. You are too darling!

Jessica said...

You are so funny! I love you! I love that Mom made such a big deal about you going to the pharmacy so late... "you could be dead in a ditch and no one would know!!!!!!"

Hey Ho it's Ashleigh Noel said...

suzy pulled a suzy right down to the....cut?

Kayla R. said...

ha ha love you suz!!!

Jessica said...

Kenny Chesney is live in concert on the TODAY show this Friday. Thought you should know! Love you!