Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pioneer Trek





The 2nd week in July I had the amazing opportunity to go on the Pioneer Trek in Wyoming with my singles ward. I had no idea it would be that amazing! I was called to be a Ma so I was "married" on trek and my "Husband" was nothing short of adorable and we had the best "children". I really grew to love each of them! As my roommate would say, "We didn't have much, But we had love" and that pretty much sums it up. The picture is of our little family "The Trekkies" minus my oldest son Karl, who is actually my roommates dad and possibly the coolest guy on the planet. We love Karl! When I got home I was asked to speak in church about my experience. Bro. Davis called me at 9:30 Saturday night and I was not happy but I had such a wonderful experience that I really did want to share. Martin's Cove is one of the most sacred places I have been. We walked 5 miles the first day, 15 miles the 2nd and 15 the 3rd. I have done hard things but this really challenged me. I really loved every second trek!

1 comments:

Rosey said...

I have been on this trek too and I totally know what you mean by being in some of the most sacred places along the way! I am so glad you had an amazing experience cause that is exactly how I would describe my experience as well!

Can't wait for you to be a California girl with me!!