Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Good Advice....Ignored

So I have heard the advice "Don't go to the grocery store hungry" about a million times... But I never really paid ANY attention to it untill now....



The other night I stopped at the store on my home from work, I needed milk.....JUST milk. I will insert that I was STARVING... so starving that I almost ate Grahams last cheese sandwhich cracker, but I didn't because that is just rude. So I was in the back of the store reaching into the case when they caught my eye

...
as soon as I saw them I knew I wanted them. I was so hungry that an attractive display of brussel sprouts would have probably had the same effect, ok not really but I could have been taken by anything. But honestly... what goes better with milk then cookies?... and not just any cookie a cool mint oreo cookie! So yes I bought them and ate them and they were delicious. I feel like I was tricked and taken advantage of at my weakest point. Hat's off to you Albertson's for your product placement tactics!

I also want to add that I have not purchased my own bag of Oreos since my freshman year of college when Ashleigh and I tried to eat a bag and and drink a half a gallon of milk all in one sitting... I can't remember who threw up first but it was NOT pretty!

4 comments:

Kayla R. said...

LOVE LOVE OREO's!!

Hey Ho it's Ashleigh Noel said...

ahhahahahahah I am laughing so hard right now. I totally forgot.
I believe that you threw up first! I kept it down for like 30 minutes or something! WE ROCK.

Jene and Megan said...

I LOVE those mint oreos..I don't blame you for buying them. YUM!

Anonymous said...

I totally remember you and Ashleigh eating all those oreo's. We hardly knew you guys yet and we thought you were crazy! haha! hope you had a good christmas!